Building Permit Requirements during COVID 19
- Contact Planning and Zoning for their requirements and obtain their approval and/or permit.
- Once you have received approval from Planning & Zoning you will go to the following website: http://www.lagrangecounty.org/index.php/docs-downloads/building-department for the required documents to obtain a Building Permit.
- Application for Building Permit (ALL)
- Advanced Structural Component Notification (ALL except Gas & Electric)
- Lake Zone Construction Notice (Lake Zones Only)
- 2020 Contractor Registration Form
- Once the Building Department has approved your permit you will have the following options for payment:
- Mail a Check to: LaGrange County Building Department, 114 W Michigan St., LaGrange, In 46761 (include a self-addressed stamped envelope to mail your receipt and permit back to you.) Please include the permit number you are given by the Building Dept. in the check memo line.
- Pay online https://pay.paygov.us/EndUser/LocationCode.aspx select the following
Jurisdiction Name: LaGrange County
Transaction: LaGrange-Building Department
Click on “Make a Payment”
In the “Purpose of Payment” line, include the permit number given to you by the Building Dept. and fill out the rest of the payment information.
- Once we receive confirmation of payment we will email or mail you a copy of your documents and the Building Permit that will need to be posted visible from the roadway. Please note that receipt of payment may take up to 24 hours when paid on PayGov.us
- Call the 24-hour Building Department Inspection line at 260-499-6309 to schedule your inspections.
Please understand this process will take longer than normal as we must work with the restrictions set forth by the Governor. Rest assured we will make adjustments as needed to make the process as smooth as possible until restrictions are lifted. Thank You for your patience and understanding during this time.
LaGrange County Building Commissioner