Browse All |  Ask A Question |  By Type |  By Department |  By Category |  By Topic
Results 1-6 of 6
How close can we build a structure near a ditch/drain?
No permanent structures may be built within 75 feet of any county regulated drain or tile without approval through the Drainage Board.
If I do not have a ditch running through my property, why am I paying assessment fees on a ditch?
All storm water runoff eventually goes to a body of water, e.g. stream, lake, underground tile or an open ditch, all of which require periodic maintenance. Your ditch assessment fees go to a maintenance fund to pay for repairs such as ditch bank spraying, snagging, cleaning/clearing, etc.
If I need my property surveyed, who do I call?
You call a Registered Land Surveyor. We do not do private surveys.
If I want a copy of my survey, where do I get one?
If the survey was recorded they will have a copy in the County Recorder’s Office. If not, you will need to know the survey company that last surveyed your property and contact them.
If I want to make an appointment with the Drainage Board, what do I need to do?
Call, or email, our office at (260) 499-6306 or semrick@lagrangecounty.org. We can discuss your issue, or concern, and determine if you need to be placed on the next meeting agenda. Please, be prepared to give a summary of your needs so that the Surveyor, and the Board, is prepared to address them.
Where is your office located?
We are located on the second floor of the County Building, 114 W. Michigan Street.
Results 1-6 of 6